Saturday, January 8, 2011

South Beach Livin

I came into work on Wednesday and a co-worker says to me "Ok, we're starting the South Beach diet tomorrow, get ready!" as if I had already signed up for this shenanigans. No way jose'. There is not a day that goes by that I don't eat bread or some sort of dessert concoction. NOT A DAY. What could ever convince me to diet in a manner that would deprive me of the 2 things I love most in my body? (get your mind out of the gutter)

Then... I took a good hard look at my soft tush and tum and suddenly Jillian from The Biggest Loser was standing next to me, screaming at me to get off my lazy arse and do something before food consumes my life and I die from obesity!

In reality, I took it on as a challenge and it is now day 3 of dieting.

It's not going well. I mean, I'm eating the way I'm supposed to but I feel awful. I'm hungry All The Time. Even after a large healthy meal of protein and veggies, I am not satisfied, not even close. I feel like I'm dieing a slow death without my carbs. No wonder its called DIEting.

I almost cried when I got on the scale this morning at the gym and the numbers showed no reflection of my first 2 days of intensive dieting. All dat for dat?!?! How long is it going to take to see results?! It's going to be hard to stay motivated. I need to start seeing results ASAP!

I spent a pretty penny at the grocery store preparing for this craziness. Dieting really breaks the bank. Hey lets charge $6 for almonds. How about another $4 for a small bag of veggies that I can eat in one sitting?  Its kinda obvious why we have an obesity problem in America. Who wouldn't want to pay less for food that tastes better?

Gift cards to Publix: acceptable gifts for my birthday next week. Muchos gracias!

Negatives

  • The same meals over.. and over
  • Pinched nerves from exercising, its inevitable
  • My chest shrinking - always the first to go
  • Sugar withdrawals
Positive
  • I'm learning to cook

1 comment:

THE SARCASM GODDESS said...

Love. Your. Blog. So glad you started one!!!