Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Big girl now

I was on the 6 year plan.

In the beginning, I made a promise to myself to graduate before age 25. And by golly I did! 1 month shy of my 25th birthday. Thank you, thank you. Sadly, no crazy college stories! You have to actually go away to college to have those. I was too much of a wuss to do that. Aaaand I wanted to make money NOW. I didn't want to wait 4 years. So work and school and work and work. No really, I am pretty sure I had 3 jobs at one time during college.

Now that schools over, its time to take up some hobbies. <and no, I don't mean blogging>

Exercising can be a hobby, right? Or is it just... exercise? I thought about that this morning as I rolled out of bed for day 1 of getting back into the gym routine. I have a personal trainer. No, I'm not overweight. And no, I'm not rich because I have a personal trainer. I get the DEEP discount rate. Trust me. Whatever your personal trainer charges you, divide that by five. Fiiiiive might be a stretch, you get the gist. But if I can lose 10 lbs, I'll be unstoppable!

I took the last 2 months off from the gym. My excuse? Finals, duh! Oh and you know that flu that is always going around? It came back around to me and slapped me silly. And just when I thought it was over, it slaps me again! Granted, I partied a little too hard in NYC post-graduation. (stay tuned for NYC stories) But, geeeeez louiiiiiise, ease up on the slappage!

The gym welcomed me with open arms this morning. <which is probably why it smelled like horrible B.O. .... as opposed to awesome B.O.> I truly feel like I can do this. There's no more excuses not to. No more school, no more... well that was just about my only excuse. And I'm hoping blogging about it will keep me in check.

Today was also supposed to be day 1 of eating healthy. It was going FANtastic til I ate 3 chocolate thingys, half a Milky Way that my "good" friend forced down my throat <of course>, and two huge slabs of potato salad from Honey Baked Ham. If you've had it, you know what I'm talking about. But for those of you that are like, "its just potato salad, it can't do that much harm" yada yada... let me explain. It's not like any other potato salad you've had before, oh no. Its like.... the (Mac-n-Cheese)^2 from Yardhouse, except you should square it a couple more times.

Tomorrow will be a better day.

My lose-weight goals
1. Lose 10lbs
2. Workout with cheap personal trainer 3 days a week, run 2 days a week
2. Actually run the half-marathon this year

My biggest lose-weight motivators
1. My self esteem
2. My main man
3. Those jeans
4. The girl in the mirror

I'll keep you posted. <Literally!>

Ps. I re-read my first blog and I totally sounded like a wanna-be blogger. But that totally works out since, hey, I wanna be a blogger.

Totally.

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

I like your style! And I chuckled again twice!! Keep it up-very entertaining :) oh and the word verification id fluvu. I think they base these things off posts/comments. kinda like google adds. creepy.